Thursday, February 25, 2016 |
Please tell us why you are involved in the Dementia community? Do you have Dementia?
No, I do not have Dementia. I am a comedy performer, specialized in Improvised comedy (Improv). Improv has positively changed my life, so much so, that I wanted to pass on these great benefits. So, more by accident I met some elderly people, some with dementia in a community center. The manager of this center loved the idea, and the rest is history. I am now in the process to spread these great benefits and hope to be able to offer my sessions to more care homes and places where elderly people meet.
Why are you involved in spreading information about Dementia on social media platforms?
I am attempting to raise awareness firstly about the great benefit Improv has for people with dementia as well as how my approach can be applied. In addition, I am trying to get more clients, hence more care homes etc interested in using my service.
What interesting research, tips, recipes, or story can you share with our Dementia Community?
My most recent blog illustrates the symptoms and care and how the Magic Mad Hat approach can help/ work:
Why It Works?
Visit Us at: The Magic Mad Hat
Tuesday, December 15, 2015 |
New single from UK singer/songwriter Daniel Trigger. Important - ALL
proceeds from purchases of this track made through
www.danieltrigger.bandcamp.com will be directed to the Dementia UK
charity. Also register your email address at www.danieltrigger.net to
receive a free track every week for a year!
Join us in thanking Daniel for his tremendous efforts with charitable contributions to helping those who suffer from Dementia.
Please share #ThanksDanielTrigger after you view the video.
Monday, December 07, 2015 |
Daniel Trigger is generously donating all the proceeds from sales of his music at www.danieltrigger.bandcamp.com/ directly to Dementia UK, and who is also headlining the acoustic stage of the Dementia Aware Fest on May 1st.
He has 5 albums and 5 singles available on that link and his music is rock - ranging from acoustic, through stadium rock to melodic metal. Daniel has an incredible powerhouse vocal style and his songs feature stunning guitar work
Daniel and his backing band “Trigger” have played numerous large events over the past 10 years, including a tour in 2013 when they supported Vega, have sold out the 300-capacity Bromsgrove Artrix Theatre and headlined the town’s fireworks display to an audience of 22,000. Daniel also won "Best Singer/Songwriter" at the Midlands Guitar Hero competition in 2005.
He had taken a break from gigging but when he was invited to headline the acoustic stage at the Dementia Aware Fest in May next year he didn't hesitate to accept and is very much looking forward to it. He will be performing with his band and they will actually be playing it as a semi-acoustic set.
Daniel is honoured to support such a worthy cause, hence why he decided to also donate the proceeds from the sales of not only his back-catalogue, but also this year's 4 singles, and the upcoming single (a power ballad) which is released this month, to Dementia UK
Friday, November 20, 2015 |
5 Valuable Resources for Caregivers
1. A place for Mom - This website is brimming with useful information and articles that are great for helping you take care of a loved one.Includes the Caregiver Toolkit, ideas for tough conversations, and great articles and inspirational quotes.
2. Benefits Checkup - A great resource to help you find assistance paying for food, medication, health care, utilities and more. Curated by the National Council on Aging.
3. Caregiving.org - Created specifically for caregivers, this website can help you find local and state coalitions, resources and news for caregivers.
4. Caregiver Action Network (CAN) is a non-profit organization providing education, peer support, and resources to family caregivers across the country free of charge.
5. Caregiver Relief - A website of answers, videos, and support for caregivers.